Our Mission… Quality healthcare provided with exceptional compassion and respect.
Our Vision… Be the best choice in hospital care.
Our Values… Trust, Respect, Accountability, Care, Knowledge, Safety.
About Carteret General Hospital
Carteret General Hospital is committed to being the best choice in hospital care. We commit to hire and train outstanding employees, promote high quality customer service, and seek future opportunities to meet the ever-changing needs of our community.
Carteret General Hospital is a 135-bed hospital serving Eastern North Carolina. The Hospital offers a full range of acute care, diagnostic and outpatient services at a level that you would only expect at a larger facility.
Download Statistics as PDF (66 Kb)
Statistics as of September 30, 2014
|Licensed beds:||135||Outpatient surgeries:||2,851|
|Average daily census:||63.4||Registered nurses:||321|
|Average length of stay:||3.9 days||Volunteers:||93|
Excellence & Educational Programs
|Carolinas Center for Joint & Spine with MAKOplasty||Carolinas Center for Weight Loss Surgery - Bariatric Center of Excellence|
|Stroke with Robotic Telemedicine||Heart Health with Telehealth|
|Medical and Radiation Oncology||Diabetes|
- Auxiliary/Volunteers-talented and generous community members
- Carolina Donor Services-donor services
- Chaplain-integral member of our health care team
- CGH Learning Center for Diabetes, Stroke and Heart Education
- Telehealth for Heart Patients
- Tobacco Cessation
Achievements and Awards
- Awarded the highly-sought accreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
Pharmacy Residency Program
- Leading the way for Pharmacy Residency programs in NC by being one of only 28 institutions accredited by the Commission on Credentialing of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
- Awarded a three-year accreditation with commendation from The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
- Medical Oncology is one of ten facilities in NC recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative.
- Partnership with UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Care strengthens CGH Cancer Services. The affiliation offers additional clinical trials, streamlines the process for patients who may seek second options and allows collaboration in patient care planning via telehealth.
- Awarded The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® and the AHA's Heart-Check Mark for Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Cutting edge Telehealth program reduces readmissions for heart failure and COPD patients.
- Gold Award for Heart Failure by American Heart Association as recognized in the US News & World Report for Heart Failure treatment.
- Nationally recognized for superior readmission rates.
- Earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) under a national program aimed at helping patients and families make informed decisions about the quality of the respiratory care services available in hospitals. This is the 8th year that Carteret General has been one of only 700 hospitals or approximately 15% of hospitals in the U.S. have received this award.
- Diabetes recognized by American Diabetes Association
- Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery
- Breastfeeding-Friendly Business and Workplace Award from NC Breastfeeding Coalition
RN Transition to Practice:
- Recognized for best practice for new RN Transition to Practice and Patient Plan of Care model by The Joint Commission, hospital accreditation agency.
Our Mission Is Your Health